Another family is in mourning, St Kitts and Nevis records 16th Homicide…….
Detectives are investigating the murder of another male, thirty-one (31)-year old Vaughan Parris, mere hours after Alden ‘OJ’ Maynard was gunned down in an early morning incident.
Responding to reports of gunshots having been heard in the area of Dorset Park, officers arrived on the scene and observed Mr. Parris laying on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds about the body.
He was pronounced deceased at the scene.
The Crime Scene Unit processed the scene and all items of evidential value were collected.
As a result of the increased gun violence, National Security Minister, Dr. Terrance Drew announced that the security forces will implement the following:
- increased security presence in our communities through various methods
- further engagement of regional and international security experts to work along with our forces
- strengthening of the intelligence capabilities of the security forces
- expansion of the CCTV infrastructure island-wide
- enhancement of evidence gathering capabilities to ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice