Webbe’s murder on Monday, is the Federation’s 7th for 2017, Nevis Opposition Senator urges Amory to look after Nevis

By: Contributor  

BASSETERRE, ST. KITTS, APRIL 17TH 2017 – Easter Monday’s gruesome murder of 28-year-old Cotton Ground resident, Morella Webbe is Nevis’ third for this year and the Federation’s seventh for 2017.

An unknown gunman or gunmen pumped over 35 bullets into the silver vehicle which was parked in Cotton Ground in the wee hours of Monday April 17th. Warded with multiple injuries at the Alexandra Hospital is 34-year-old Guyanese, Sonia Grant.

It was not immediately known how many bullets struck both women, but according to a source, Grant who went under surgery, received bullets from parts of her body and further surgery is required to remove others. Both were seated in a car.

Webbe’s tragic murder is Nevis’ third for the year.

Nevis’ first murder victim, 44-year-old Leon Gumbs of Morning Star, was found dead in his home with two gunshot wounds to the body on January 29th.

Nevis’ second murder victim was Rondell Chapman of Rawlins Village, Gingerland. He was killed when two masked gunmen pumped several bullets into him in front of spectators at a football match on March 26th.

On February 1st, 39-year-old Venezuela-born Cash for Gold operator, Luis Garcia, was shot and killed mid-morning on Manchester Ave, St, Kitts, as he plied his trade.

Stabbing victim, 54-year-old Ashton Christopher died of his wound enroute to St. Kitts’ J. N. France General Hospital. Fellow Taylors Villager, Clive “Shanty” Edwards has been arrested and charged in the March 10th incident..

15-year-old juvenile, Ashanafi Saddlers was stabbed by his 21-year-old brother Kareem Chumney, during an altercation at Janet Alley in Basseterre on March 25th.

Akeem ‘Ratty’ Bryan was shot dead in Newton Ground, St. Kitts, on March 28th

Webbe’s murder has prompted Nevis’ senator in the Nevis Island Assembly, Hon. Carlisle Powell to criticize a statement by Premier of Nevis, Hon. Vance Amory, who gave the assurance on April 6th that “we will not return to the levels of criminal activity that we had in 2016, 2015 and any time before; not this year.”

Powell said in a statement Monday, “Let us examine the facts. In 2015 Nevis recorded 8 murders. By April 17th, 2015, 4 persons had been murdered. We recorded a total of 4 murders in 2016. By April 17th, 2016, 3 persons had been killed. Today is April 17th, 2017 and 3 persons have been murdered to date. So Mr. Premier Amory, what is your plan to stem this reckless taking of life?”

“Empty promises will not help. What is your plan? Just making glib promises, while running away from the deep rooted social and economic problems, which are breeding disrespect and low value on human lives will not help,” said Powell, who is of the view that the problems are partially caused by the inability of the CCM administration to stimulate the economy and create jobs.

“You need to stay your ass in Nevis and do what you were elected to do. Look after Nevis,” said Sen. Powell.

Although Premier of Nevis, Amory and his Deputy Premier, Hon. Mark Brantley are Cabinet ministers in the three-party Federal Government in Basseterre of Prime Minister Dr, the Hon. Timothy Harris.

Amory and Brantley collect two salaries – one from the Nevis Island Administration and another from the Federal Government, each month.

In 2015, there were 28 murders and to 32 in 2016.

Photo 1 – Morella Webbe

Photo 2 – Ashton Christopher

Photo 3 Akeem ‘Ratty’ Bryan

Photo 4 – Rondell Chapman

Photo 5 – Leon Gumbs

*This article was posted in its entirety as received by SKN PULSE.  This media house does not correct any spelling or grammatical errors within press releases and (or) commentaries. The views contained within are not necessarily those of SKN PULSE. 


error: Our Content Is protected !!